In this post, I will explore the (not really new) postgreSQL jsonb feature as my objective is to compare nosql performance in real scenarii.
- postgreSQL 9.4.4 installed (you can check by issuing the following :
- pgAdmin installed
- this runs on a HP probook 6560b
- Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
- 16 G of ram
- create the database.
- import some data (1M of contact records)
- query without index
- add a gin index
- query after index
- create specific index on field
- query on indexed fields
Continue reading PostgreSQL – new jsonb feature exploration – insert, query, index