This post is a list of my OSS process for open source java projects.
for CI integrations, I use Travis CI, easy to set up and link to github. just add a .travis.yml with the content below and your done (I am using maven and provide a pom.xml). pushing to github will start the build.
language: java jdk: - oraclejdk8
I just list the steps. read this for more info : OSSRH Guide
- create a sonatype jira account and create a new project ticket. (it takes about two budiness days, but for my project, it was done in one day)
- create a pgp signature : dealing with PGP signatures
- download gpg from : https://www.gnupg.org/download/ (you’ll find binaries at the bottom of the page)
- in a command promp gpg 2–gen-key and answer the questions
- gpg2 –list-keys to list your keys
- publish your key gpg2 –keyserver hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net –send-keys XXXXXXX
- update your pom.xml to contain all the requirements
- login to https://oss.sonatype.org and get your account key (in your profile, access user account key
- add your user account key in your maven settings.xml (so that your password is not hardcoded.
- first release with mvn clean deploy -P release if you have created a release profile in your pom.xml
- add a comment on your jira issue to activate the sync process to the Central Repository
Then Create a releases and Snapshots
Deploy Snapshots with
mvn clean deploy
snapshots will be liste here https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/
mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=x.x.x
mvn clean deploy -P release